Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Spring Spring!

First off I am still waiting on Pics to show up. The guy called me today and said that they were sent yesterday, so any day now :) Cant wait!:)

Every year as Spring comes around I always get this overwhelming urge to totally revamp everything I own, sometimes this gets me into big trouble. I usually get carried away and give myself too much to maintain through the whole summer. This year I have decided to plant grass in my garden area and take a good portion of it out. I tried Squash and peppers last year, and we just dont eat them enough, or even have much of an interest in gardening at all. We have a HUGE Rhubarb plant growing close by also, and unfortunatly I cant just dig that up and get rid of it, it's to BIG! My whole back yard is full food... we could probably live on everything that it grows. Raspberries, Crab apples, a Berry bush of some kind, and Rhubarb. The Raspberry Bush is another pain.... It takes up a whole corner of my yard, and I cant figure out how to tame it down. I guess I figured that by pulling the garden part out and planting grass there i wont be tempted to plant stuff i wont take care of or want and just have more grass to mow instead. :) For those of you who know me really well (mom) I do NOT have a green thumb! Last year when we moved into the house I was so excited to have a yard to take care of, the problem was the yard requires more maintenance and knowledge of plants than I had. Hopefully this year I will have learned more and be able to keep up on it. :)
I know lots of my famliy is very good with Lawns and Gardens, etc.... So any advise for a "greenie" would be more that welcome.:) Monday, one of my co-workers is coming over to help me transplant my Roses.... I sure hope that works out well... we are both really worried about killing them. (any advise there is very welcome also!) We are transplanting my roses because we are going to pour concrete on our side lawn for camper and vehicle parking and the poor roses are right in the way. :)
Oh and I have a huge downstairs that is FULL of sunlight and I was thinking about putting plants in my house also.... keeping in mind that I prefer very little maintenance, and need some super strong plants that can withstand my limited knowledge. Once again, any advise on types would be more than welcome :)

this is my downstairs.... as you can see LOTS of sunlight and 6 HUGE windows.

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

Im not one to give advice because my plants always die, but maybe you won't get that particular brown thumb from me. My plants are fake ones :)
My advice would be to get what everones you like because those are great windows and they face south (I think) and plants will do good there. (Green River messes up my directions for some reason) :)